One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A small syringe for douching the vagina, especially as a contraceptive measure.
2North American informal An obnoxious or contemptible person (typically used of a man).
- ‘Some douche bag pilfers one of my drumsticks and then has the balls to ask me to sign it.’
- ‘There are several posts this week on Missed Connections that I think amply back up my hypothesis that all men are douche bags.’
- ‘My daughter overheard and then called her brother a douchebag at which point a fight a broke out.’
- ‘These are your typical nouveau riche douche bags bellyaching about how their ritzy lives as actresses, models, investment bankers, and hotshot video directors just don't fulfill their inner child.’
- ‘If that douche bag decided to think about the future instead of the present then none of this would be a problem.’
- ‘The douche bags shot to stratospheric heights of superstardom, and I cringed every time I turned on Saturday Morning Live or Video Hits.’
- ‘She used to be close friends with everyone in the band before they were famous, but even before they were big, she thought the lead singer was a douche bag.’
- ‘He leaned in closer to her and whispered in her ear, ‘You could do so much better than that douche bag.’’
- ‘Who is the douche bag pasting up those goddamn ‘OBEY’ posters in our fair city?’
- ‘When I read posts like this, I really have to wonder, does this douchebag honestly think that this is going to work?’
- ‘Why do you date that douchebag?’
- ‘If you needed anymore evidence that this guy is a douchebag then there it is.’
- ‘Don't you know how she went crying to Noel because you're such a douche bag?’
- ‘Okay - this cab driver is either a total douche bag or hasn't been driving as long as he says or both.’
- ‘This illiterate douchebag just can't it through his thick head that he's in the wrong.’
- ‘But that douchebag Ron wasn't returning any of my phone calls.’
- ‘‘Matt is the biggest douche bag in the world,’ Lily confirmed, shedding her coat and draping it over a chair.’
- ‘Actually, they just acted like douche bags.’
- ‘The guy is a huge douche bag.’
- ‘Well, Bill, the resident douche bag and bully, tried to grab my clothes and flush them down the toilet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.