One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They speak doubtingly, pray doubtingly, go about day after day in doubt.’
- ‘When told that the Indian guide had lost his way, Hawkeye doubtingly asked what tribe he belonged to.’
- ‘Dr. Reeves, one of the experimenters in this project, spoke doubtingly of the effectiveness of such efforts.’
- ‘Doubtingly, the landlord said he was not sure whether his lordship was well enough to travel - a comment that was immediately contradicted.’
- ‘I looked at him doubtingly, and he said, "Go on, read it!"’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.