One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘We're twenty-two years old, we can do this,’ Luke tried to sound bright, but Jake heard the doubtfulness in his voice.’
- ‘The doubtfulness of it comes out, by the way, when it is noticed that this idea can make two items that are in a fundamental way absolutely identical into two different thoughts.’
- ‘And he seemed to think meditation and working on this would eventually ‘make you doubt the doubtfulness.’’
- ‘I would have expected anger, doubtfulness, maybe regret, but he seemed to do it with absolutely no emotion.’
- ‘Then I shook my head violently, trying to clear it of the doubtfulness that clouded it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.