One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘We're twenty-two years old, we can do this,’ Luke tried to sound bright, but Jake heard the doubtfulness in his voice.’
- ‘And he seemed to think meditation and working on this would eventually ‘make you doubt the doubtfulness.’’
- ‘The doubtfulness of it comes out, by the way, when it is noticed that this idea can make two items that are in a fundamental way absolutely identical into two different thoughts.’
- ‘Then I shook my head violently, trying to clear it of the doubtfulness that clouded it.’
- ‘I would have expected anger, doubtfulness, maybe regret, but he seemed to do it with absolutely no emotion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.