One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who questions or lacks faith in something; a skeptic.‘he had proved all his doubters wrong’
sceptic, doubting thomas, non-believer, unbeliever, disbeliever, cynic, scoffer, questioner, challenger, nihilist, dissenterView synonyms
- ‘Now he will have to face the ambitious doubters in his party and deal with pointed questions about his leadership style.’
- ‘The challenge now is to convert the doubters into believers.’
- ‘Since then the pessimism has subsided and he hears less from the doubters telling him he made one huge mistake in leaving Liverpool.’
- ‘We have the determination to prove our doubters very wrong.’
- ‘The coaching staff and players finally proved any early season doubters wrong about their ability to succeed this season.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.