One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Connecting the sense pin to the ground pin allows the XC9801 / 02 to be used as a voltage doubler.’
- ‘In the 1970s DSTO, with the strong support of the RAAF, pioneered the use of bonded carbon and boron fibre doublers to repair cracked metal structures.’
- ‘The 355 nm line of a Continuum NY - 61 Nd: YAG laser equipped with a quadruple frequency doubler was used for quantum yield determinations.’
- ‘Declarer should recognise that this is a desperation double, and redouble it (if it really came from a good hand, the doubler would have doubled the other players as well).’
- ‘Adhesive bonding, instead of riveting, is employed by some designers for attaching doublers and stiffeners to the skin sheet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.