One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A defensive play in which two players are put out.
- ‘If an infielder purposely drops a soft fly ball, it can easily result in a double play or triple play.’
- ‘Despite fastballs and double plays, major league baseball games are longer than they used to be.’
- ‘There is no final score, but mentions that a sensational double play in the ninth inning stopped the Cardinals.’
- ‘Umpires must keep their eyes on fielders who intentionally drop line drives to create double plays.’
- ‘Players will spear hard grounders with backhanded-finesse, make over-the-shoulder catches or turn double plays by leaping over oncoming base runners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.