Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An illegal dribble that occurs when a player dribbles with both hands simultaneously or interrupts a dribble by holding the ball briefly in one or both hands.
- ‘Explain what traveling with the ball is and what double dribble is.’
- ‘Jones is overseeing a favorite Flint game called Kick Butt - no fouls, no out of bounds, no double dribble, no travel.’
- ‘He produced a turnover trifecta - a bad pass, a traveling call, and a double dribble - in the space of 74 seconds.’
- ‘And it's this double dribble at the end of the movie that keeps a good sports film from turning into a true champion.’
- ‘Today's feature: a double-dribble foul by the National Basketball Association, in which the billionaire owners and millionaire players are killing the sport.’
Commit or be charged with a double dribble.
- ‘This slippery ball is in his Zen court, and if he double-dribbles, it could cost the Lakers a rifle.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.