Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A style of dress in which a denim jacket or shirt is worn with a pair of jeans or a denim skirt, often regarded as a breach of fashion etiquette.‘wearing a suit and no socks is a cardinal sin—it's even worse than double denim’
- ‘He's wearing double denim and has his polo collar up.’
- ‘Oh hey, a bland, derivative, double-denim clad garage rock band!’
- ‘For the bash, the singer donned two pairs of jeans layered over one another to create an on-trend double denim effect.’
- ‘Miranda proved you can wear double denim and look good at the same time, judging by her outfit choice yesterday.’
- ‘This can be worn with a floral bomber jacket, or you could even get away with double denim.’
- ‘I mean, this will be the only time I can wear double denim and get away with it.’
- ‘While Cory did double denim in jeans and a shirt, Lea dressed down in a baseball jacket and suede high tops.’
- ‘Many men can't pull off denim jeans but Tom can go double denim and look hot!’
- ‘I've been trying to get around this by wearing more denim, but I'm terrified of the double-denim look.’
- ‘He also showcased a new and innovative take on evening wear with double denim covered in sparkly patches and badges.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.