Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Using or able to be used on both sides.‘double-sided adhesive tape’
- ‘There is still a wrong and right side to double-sided fleece.’
- ‘It was fixed with double-sided tape and was removed by the customer while they were attempting to use the facility.’
- ‘I used double-sided tape to affix the ribbon to the paper.’
- ‘At least, not without the aid of some double-sided sticky tape.’
- ‘Cut various size circles from origami or craft papers and attach with double-sided tape or craft spray adhesive.’
- ‘The film itself appears on the ‘Alpha’ side of this double-sided disc.’
- ‘Use double-sided basting tape to reposition the pockets wrong-side-up on the jeans.’
- ‘The iPod battery attaches to its hard drive with a couple of strips of padded, double-sided tape.’
- ‘Cut a 4-inch circle out of brown construction paper; fold it in half over the top of the bag and secure with double-sided tape.’
- ‘Alternatively, you could cover the outside of the vase in double-sided adhesive tape, then stick large leaves vertically around it.’
- ‘I figure another application of double-sided tape will work out just fine.’
- ‘Using double-sided tape, gently attach pressed leaves to the paper.’
- ‘This is solved by sticking the strawberries to my skin with double-sided sticky tape, which was painful to remove, but the strawberries were delicious.’
- ‘It seems to have been attached with double-sided sticky tape (the back dotted with suspicious looking white squares).’
- ‘You have to pull it away firmly and slowly, because the factory secured it to the door with double-sided foam tape.’
- ‘For those not familiar with the TUFO tape, it is double-sided tape with a plastic strip covering each sticky side.’
- ‘The clip mounts to any object by double-sided tape.’
- ‘The suits are elegant, the hair high and the décolletages so precariously low that you know there's been a run on double-sided tape.’
- ‘The box can be attached to the side of the microscope with double-sided foam tape.’
- ‘It will be producing 100,000 of the new poppies, which can be stuck on using a form of double-sided sticky tape, for this year's remembrance day.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.