One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a file) having two sets of grooves crossing each other diagonally.
- ‘A double-cut file with the same profile is called a flat file.’
- ‘There has existed a longstanding need among workers in the sheet metal industry for a rugged yet simple to use double-cut tool.’
- ‘Single-cut file teeth run in one direction; double-cut teeth run in opposing directions.’
- ‘A double cut file may also be employed for finishing purposes.’
- ‘The double-cut file is usually used for rougher work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.