Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a file) having two sets of grooves crossing each other diagonally.
- ‘A double cut file may also be employed for finishing purposes.’
- ‘Single-cut file teeth run in one direction; double-cut teeth run in opposing directions.’
- ‘A double-cut file with the same profile is called a flat file.’
- ‘The double-cut file is usually used for rougher work.’
- ‘There has existed a longstanding need among workers in the sheet metal industry for a rugged yet simple to use double-cut tool.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.