Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Press a computer mouse button twice in quick succession to select a file, program, or function.‘to run a window just double-click on the icon’[with object] ‘when you double-click this file it should open’
- ‘The fast way to open the print queue is to double-click on the Printer symbol in the System tray (located at the bottom right).’
- ‘The folder window lists all your fonts, double-click on any font icon.’
- ‘To play the playlist, just select it and hit the play button or double-click on it.’
- ‘Once you've navigated to the desired day, double-click on the appointment time and a separate window opens up.’
- ‘To start, you double-click on the Google icon on your taskbar.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.