One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or involving the dorsal and lateral surfaces.
- ‘Common are paired dorsal scars immediately in front of the last suture on the dorsal or dorsolateral side of the body.’
- ‘The pulvinar of the thalamus is seen dorsolateral to the midbrain.’
- ‘The dorsolateral surface of the mastoid portion forms a shelf, sometimes referred to as the occipital ridge (since it lacks a ridge and is nowhere near the occiput).’
- ‘Brain imaging studies have implicated hypofunction of the left dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in depression.’
- ‘The lateral and medial lemnisci are gathered together in a large bundle that passes around the dorsolateral surface of the superior cerebellar peduncle to reach the midbrain tegmentum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.