Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1(of a leaf or other part of a plant) having dissimilar dorsal and ventral surfaces.
- ‘The older second leaf becomes dorsiventral to the first.’
- ‘It has a thin crustose dorsiventral thallus.’
- ‘A typical maize leaf can be divided along three axes, the proximodistal, mediolateral, and dorsiventral or ad/abaxial.’
- ‘Despite the great diversity of leaf morphology, all leaves are defined by a flattened dorsiventral transactional symmetry, determinate development, and initiation from the flanks of the shoot apical meristem.’
- 1.1another term for dorsoventral
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.