One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bend (something, typically the hand or foot) dorsally or toward its upper surface.‘the subject dorsiflexed his ankle’
- ‘The patient then dorsiflexes the foot 10 times according to a standard protocol and then rests for 45 seconds.’
- ‘On the other hand, eversion of an axially loaded and dorsiflexed ankle may be a far more prevalent injury mechanism in snowboarding compared with other activities.’
- ‘The equinus is corrected by dorsiflexing the fully abducted foot.’
- ‘As a result of the pit's size, the woman's neck was strongly dorsiflexed, and the hands and feet were crowded against the pit wall.’
- ‘These tendons can be accentuated by dorsiflexing the ankle and the great toe against resistance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.