One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverbAnatomy Zoology Botany
- ‘Adult plumage is blue-black or gray dorsally and white ventrally, sometimes with distinctive coloring or plumes on the head.’
- ‘The dorsal ligament groove is overlain dorsally and flanked laterally by the nacreous middle shell layer.’
- ‘During the surgery, care must be taken to protect the branches of the superficial and radial nerves that dorsally overlie the first dorsal compartment.’
- ‘This animal swims to escape predators by repeatedly flexing its body dorsally and ventrally.’
- ‘In insects, as in all arthropods, the main nerve cord lies ventrally, rather than dorsally as in vertebrates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.