One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverbZoology Botany Anatomy
- ‘Adult plumage is blue-black or gray dorsally and white ventrally, sometimes with distinctive coloring or plumes on the head.’
- ‘This animal swims to escape predators by repeatedly flexing its body dorsally and ventrally.’
- ‘In insects, as in all arthropods, the main nerve cord lies ventrally, rather than dorsally as in vertebrates.’
- ‘During the surgery, care must be taken to protect the branches of the superficial and radial nerves that dorsally overlie the first dorsal compartment.’
- ‘The dorsal ligament groove is overlain dorsally and flanked laterally by the nacreous middle shell layer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.