One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A change in frequency due to the Doppler effect.
- ‘This is simply the relativistic Doppler shift for light.’
- ‘That pulsars are part of a binary system is indicated by Doppler shifts in the pulse period and the change in arrival time of the pulse.’
- ‘The Doppler shift happens with light as well as with sound.’
- ‘This causes a periodic Doppler shift of the spectrum of one or both members of the pair.’
- ‘Now, physicists in England have demonstrated a topsy-turvy Doppler shift in which a radio wave's frequency rises as the source recedes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.