One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A change in frequency due to the Doppler effect.
- ‘This causes a periodic Doppler shift of the spectrum of one or both members of the pair.’
- ‘The Doppler shift happens with light as well as with sound.’
- ‘Now, physicists in England have demonstrated a topsy-turvy Doppler shift in which a radio wave's frequency rises as the source recedes.’
- ‘This is simply the relativistic Doppler shift for light.’
- ‘That pulsars are part of a binary system is indicated by Doppler shifts in the pulse period and the change in arrival time of the pulse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.