One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small device able to be connected to and used with a computer, especially to allow access to wireless broadband or use of protected software.
- ‘Periodically the software queries the dongle.’
- ‘Putting it on is a rather simple affair, but unless you have tiny hands, there isn't much clearance between the fan and PCB to pinch the tab to remove the dongle.’
- ‘When using the dongles to transmit data, keep in mind the signal strength of the link, so make sure both ends have a clear pathway between each other.’
- ‘Seems the client had plugged their ethernet dongle into their USB port.’
- ‘We must look to memory-based removable media for digital cameras and dongles.’
1980s: an arbitrary formation.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.