One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Said in protest when someone introduces a subject of which the speaker has had bitter personal experience.
- ‘And don't talk to me about filtering software.’
- ‘But for some strange reason - and don't talk to me about coincidence - all three sons, each unaware of the other, decided to contact me at exactly the same time.’
- ‘And don't talk to me about numbers, because just about everyone who is good enough to make the NBA is good enough to compile numbers.’
- ‘Tax the rich, and don't talk to me about capital flight.’
- ‘And don't talk to me about the series, we both know that I took major liberties with the last incident, but it's still better than the series.’
- ‘So don't talk to me about discrimination, or racism.’
- ‘And don't talk to me about personal kinds of campaigning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.