One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Domed.‘an octagonal, domical vault’
- ‘His hall's mosquelike associations appear in its orientation, colonnaded portico, domical crown, and minaretlike spire.’
- ‘This soaring height was capped by an enormous domical monolith, weighing at least 80 tons.’
- ‘But imagine a bedroom which is circular and also has a domical roof on top.’
- ‘Low-relief domical volcanoes, many less than several kilometers in diameter, are globally abundant, numbering in the hundreds of thousands.’
- ‘So the programme called for a centrally focused domical building with nine equal entrances disposed symbolically to welcome people from all directions to prayer and meditation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.