Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Domed.‘an octagonal, domical vault’
- ‘This soaring height was capped by an enormous domical monolith, weighing at least 80 tons.’
- ‘But imagine a bedroom which is circular and also has a domical roof on top.’
- ‘So the programme called for a centrally focused domical building with nine equal entrances disposed symbolically to welcome people from all directions to prayer and meditation.’
- ‘Low-relief domical volcanoes, many less than several kilometers in diameter, are globally abundant, numbering in the hundreds of thousands.’
- ‘His hall's mosquelike associations appear in its orientation, colonnaded portico, domical crown, and minaretlike spire.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.