The system by which Internet domain names and addresses are tracked and regulated.
- ‘Four in five authoritative domain name system servers across the world are vulnerable to types of hacking attacks that might be used by hackers to misdirect surfers to potentially fraudulent domains.’
- ‘The domain name system currently only supports Latin characters.’
- ‘Five years ago, I began writing about the challenges of creating a truly multilingual domain name system.’
- ‘The domain name system hums along behind the scenes and, as with running water, we largely take it for granted.’
- ‘More than a third of companies are vulnerable to the kind of domain name system problems that made Microsoft's web sites unavailable this week.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.