Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The system by which Internet domain names and addresses are tracked and regulated.
- ‘More than a third of companies are vulnerable to the kind of domain name system problems that made Microsoft's web sites unavailable this week.’
- ‘Five years ago, I began writing about the challenges of creating a truly multilingual domain name system.’
- ‘Four in five authoritative domain name system servers across the world are vulnerable to types of hacking attacks that might be used by hackers to misdirect surfers to potentially fraudulent domains.’
- ‘The domain name system hums along behind the scenes and, as with running water, we largely take it for granted.’
- ‘The domain name system currently only supports Latin characters.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.