One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of a country's financial power to extend its international influence.
- ‘For decades they used dollar diplomacy to win over nations with limited budgets where small projects building roads, bridges, wells and fisheries went a long way.’
- ‘Despite repeated protestations to the contrary by administration officials, such critics describe its foreign policy as being based almost entirely on dollar diplomacy.’
- ‘Despite its broad goals, by necessity, it is selective in its consideration of dollar diplomacy.’
- ‘One of the most striking achievements of the book is to demonstrate the reliance upon the lessons and personnel of dollar diplomacy in 1923.’
- ‘Its aid to its allies has fueled controversy and dollar diplomacy has come in for criticism.’
dollar diplomacy/ˈdälər dəˈplōməsē/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.