One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Old World fodder grass with spiky flower heads.
- ‘Three varieties of crested dogstail are agronomically recommendable: Ro novská, Tercie and Cristal.’
- ‘The day paddocks pasture was six years old and consisted of white clover, cocksfoot, dogstail, ryegrass, and cowgrass, it having had 7 ½ cwt. superphosphate in three years.’
- ‘Under conditions of light grazing there is a good sward between the tussocks often containing a large proportion of more palatable species such as cocksfoot, crested dogstail, and perennial rye grass.’
- ‘This ensures the survival of a mixture of species, with common knapweed and the grass, crested dogstail, growing alongside less-competitive species.’
- ‘The herbage consisted of bent grasses, crested dogstail, Yorkshire fog, Juncus spp., sedges and other species typical of poor pasture on acid soils.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.