One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He snarled, showing off his doglike fangs in a rage.’
- ‘Joyce trusted him, and whenever she sought his help he gave her whatever she needed, with whining complaints and doglike worship.’
- ‘Today the slender doglike creatures with pointy ears and bushy tails can be found in every state except Hawaii.’
- ‘Somewhat doglike in appearance, he had greyish-brown fur, a short, boxy muzzle, and a tiny stub of a tail, but also had long, pointy ears, a small button nose, and royal blue hair on his head.’
- ‘Fergus is an affectionate, bossy and extremely stubborn cat, but he's also the most doglike cat I've ever known.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.