One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An elementary swimming stroke like that of a swimming dog.
- ‘Only being equipped with basic knowledge of the doggy-paddle, Del didn't dare test her swimming strength in water that exceeded her height.’
- ‘Their fur will hold air for a while, enough for a short dog-paddle, but beyond that their musculature just weighs them down.’
- ‘He wasn't such a great swimmer, about his only move was the doggy-paddle.’
Swim using this stroke.
- ‘She had seen her friend doggy-paddling and thought she heard her call for help.’
- ‘I jumped in without a thought after her, even though I hardly knew how to doggy-paddle.’
- ‘I doubt I'll be doing any synchronised swimming moves by then, but I should be able to doggy-paddle my way round the pool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.