One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for coupling two shafts in order to transmit motion, one part having teeth which engage with slots in another.
- ‘Interlocks are provided so that the brake and dog clutch can only be selected in ‘idle’ mode.’
- ‘I am looking for a dog clutch for an old 272 Ford motor installed in an old ski boat I have just purchased.’
- ‘It uses dog clutches to engage the drives and utilises their robust nature to eliminate damage to the gears.’
- ‘The dog clutch slides along the axle shaft and engages on the side of the differential carrier.’
- ‘Check the engagement lugs on the dog clutch and also the corresponding lugs on the faces of the gears.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.