1Leather made from the skin of a female fallow deer.
- ‘My hair down and already disheveled from riding, my doeskin leggings soiled from the wet grass, my tunic torn, I ran to the palace courtroom.’
- ‘He stepped from behind the screen, dressed in light, silky green robes and soft doeskin breeches.’
- ‘Laurel reminded the worried farrier as she pulled on a doeskin coat and boots.’
- ‘A gray felt hat and gray doeskin gloves lent the finishing touches.’
- ‘She removed her nightgown and donned a pair of black doeskin breeches.’
- 1.1A fine satin-weave woolen cloth resembling doeskin.
- ‘They were made in London by Ede and Ravenscroft from doeskin cloth and musquash fur from the South American muskrat.’