One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Leather made from the skin of a female fallow deer.‘a pair of gloves made in the finest white doeskin’as modifier ‘black doeskin trousers’
- ‘A gray felt hat and gray doeskin gloves lent the finishing touches.’
- ‘She removed her nightgown and donned a pair of black doeskin breeches.’
- ‘He stepped from behind the screen, dressed in light, silky green robes and soft doeskin breeches.’
- ‘My hair down and already disheveled from riding, my doeskin leggings soiled from the wet grass, my tunic torn, I ran to the palace courtroom.’
- ‘Laurel reminded the worried farrier as she pulled on a doeskin coat and boots.’
- 1.1 A fine satin-weave woolen cloth resembling doeskin.
- ‘They were made in London by Ede and Ravenscroft from doeskin cloth and musquash fur from the South American muskrat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.