One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lightweight, typically flexible case for carrying papers.
file, binder, ring binder, portfolioView synonyms
- ‘He was as smart and cocky as ever and carried a little leather case, a document case which, combined with the unexpected specs, made him look kind of studious and academic.’
- ‘It had see-through pockets to show off the owner's Chanel lipstick, a detachable document case and an eye-catching purple or red suede interior.’
- ‘He wore glasses, had a dark raincoat and was carrying a black document case.’
- ‘He was carrying a black document case and had a dark raincoat with him.’
- ‘Organize them in a cheap document case (which also fits a passport).’
- ‘She picked it up before it started on its journey, placed it firmly in the pad and the pad in a document case.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.