One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A waterfront condominium with a private mooring.
- ‘And that's going to be conversion to dockominiums or upland condos, where you have to buy a half-million or million-dollar condo plus a slip just to be able to get the slip.’
- ‘She specializes in marketing upscale waterfront homes and dockominiums with a proven track record of success.’
- ‘He said dockominiums may be fine for experienced boaters with a lot of money, but not for novices, and certainly not for anyone without a lot of money.’
- ‘Cruise in from Lake Michigan through a private channel to your safe harbor, luxury dockominium.’
- 1.1 A privately owned dock at a marina.
- ‘At any moment there are 17 million privately owned boats afloat in marinas and dockominiums, stowed in garages or out on a voyage.’
1980s: from dock, on the pattern of condominium.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.