Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A waterfront condominium with a private mooring.
- ‘She specializes in marketing upscale waterfront homes and dockominiums with a proven track record of success.’
- ‘Cruise in from Lake Michigan through a private channel to your safe harbor, luxury dockominium.’
- ‘He said dockominiums may be fine for experienced boaters with a lot of money, but not for novices, and certainly not for anyone without a lot of money.’
- ‘And that's going to be conversion to dockominiums or upland condos, where you have to buy a half-million or million-dollar condo plus a slip just to be able to get the slip.’
- 1.1A privately owned dock at a marina.
- ‘At any moment there are 17 million privately owned boats afloat in marinas and dockominiums, stowed in garages or out on a voyage.’
1980s: from dock, on the pattern of condominium.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.