One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Accommodation or berthing of ships at docks.
- ‘It's important when calculating the cost of dockage to keep in mind that most marinas will consider this a 39-footer.’
- ‘These companies provide cleaning, maintenance, insurance, and dockage.’
- ‘Also I get about two calls per day requesting long-term marina dockage for the coming season, all of which I must turn away as we are fully booked.’
- ‘The marina offers 120 open and covered slips with transient dockage, short-term slip rentals and motel rooms with waterfront decks.’
- ‘These services are priced in the terminal association tariff, while the port authority tariff deals only with terminal ground leases, wharfage, and dockage.’
- ‘The resort maintains 70 moorings, deep draft dockage, and is the venue for a number of rendezvous throughout the year.’
- ‘It does not cover those services which, by their nature, are consumed in the country, such as dockage and electricity.’
- ‘Famed boating resorts like Marina Hemingway would ‘host’ all the American boaters, providing dockage, food and beverages.’
- ‘Never mind that the 100-slip Yacht Basin offers the only deepwater dockage on Canyon Ferry, despite wide fluctuations in the lake levels.’
- ‘With dockage assigned on a first come, first served basis, much of the recreational fleet is stacked 10 deep, rubrail-to-rubrail, so if you are one of the closest ones in, you'll have visitors transiting.’
- 1.1 The charge made for using docks.
- ‘The defendant also was responsible for the dockage, insurance and repairs to the boat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.