One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘How docilely these people have lined up to be photographed!’
- ‘I grinned and docilely followed him over to the counter.’
- ‘At first, he had docilely complied, but it did not take long before he realized that he had become their favorite toy, and that his ‘supposed debt’ would never be wiped clean.’
- ‘I gave a gentle tug to the rope and the dog followed docilely after me.’
- ‘While they docilely accept the demands put forward by the employers, they see their main task as warding off and side-tracking the growth of resistance within the working class.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.