One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rich cake made of alternate layers of sponge and chocolate or mocha cream, with a crisp caramel topping.
- ‘Jennifer was baking dobos torte, so I stopped by.’
- ‘The showstopper had to be a contemporary version of the Hungarian Dobos Torte!’
- ‘The judges wanted a modern take on the Hungarian dobos torte, a multi-layered sponge cake topped with caramel slices.’
- ‘The bakers prepare yeast-leavened cakes, the 24-step Swedish princess torte and a contemporary version of the Hungarian Dobos torte.’
- ‘Opulent pastries included thick, silken chocolate marquis and a multilayered mocha Dobos torte held together by gorgeous butter cream.’
From German Dobostorte, named after József C. Dobos (1847–1924), Hungarian pastry cook.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.