One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brand of disposable paper cup.
- ‘Adam actually thought I was planning to fill the Dixie Cups with ice cream for Lucy.’
- ‘In fact, if you have a mint condition Dixie Cup lid from 1952, it might be worth a hundred dollars.’
- ‘For those unaware of the history of the Dixie Cup With The Lipstick Stain, it had previously been lost, in spite of strenuous attempts to recover it.’
- ‘The lady had on a white dress and, riding on the top of her head, a tiny white cap like a Dixie Cup.’
- ‘For excitement, you might get to dig your flat wooden spoon into a Dixie Cup with two flavors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.