One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tendency to cause disagreement or hostility between people.‘transparency will enhance development rather than social divisiveness’
- ‘We see the politics of divisiveness being stirred up in our society.’
- ‘He describes the abolition of racial divisiveness as a logical progressive step.’
- ‘Two hurricanes, rising gas prices and political divisiveness have torn our country apart.’
- ‘There's too much divisiveness in the world these days.’
- ‘From the beginning, we've had to fight against all national divisiveness.’
- ‘The key is to promote community cohesion and to counteract divisiveness.’
- ‘Cliques often have the negative effect of creating divisiveness among a staff.’
- ‘They are genuinely concerned about the effects of religious divisiveness in the modern world.’
- ‘During my 20-year political career, I have never experienced such a great extent of divisiveness in our society.’
- ‘You profess a movement that is inclusive in order to overcome divisiveness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.