One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for pointillism
- ‘The actual art-historical purpose of this show is to help Signac escape from the shadow of Georges Seurat, the master theorist of pointillism, or divisionism.’
- ‘The artistic movement known as divisionism was an Italian response to the impressionists and post-impressionists.’
- ‘It sounds more as if there is a construct of divisionism on both sides that needs addressing.’
- ‘Seurat's theory of optical mixtures, which he called divisionism, influenced Signac, and the style eventually became known as pointillism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.