One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An elevated board projecting over a swimming pool or other body of water, from which people dive or jump in.
- ‘Ethan jumped off the diving board, and I slid in on the side.’
- ‘The facility has no diving boards, but sports an eight-lane Colorado Time Systems scoreboard and an on-deck whirlpool and dry sauna.’
- ‘I did take a picture of Bree jumping off the diving board, which would turn out to look pretty cool.’
- ‘The other pool was a plain old rectangle with some swimming lanes, diving boards and water nets.’
- ‘When the three Mayer's were done jumping from the diving board, it was Leo's turn.’
- ‘It felt as if she was jumping off the high diving board, terrified with air rushing past her.’
- ‘It's not big, but it has a floating dock 10 metres out with a diving board and the water is relatively algae free.’
- ‘It was like he had just jumped off a diving board and belly flopped on the concrete below.’
- ‘Avery only learned this summer and that was the day he dived off the diving board.’
- ‘Chelsea screamed from over on the other side of the pool, getting ready to jump off the diving board.’
- ‘An Olympic sized swimming pool boasted a diving board and slide, and a gas barbecue was just begging to be used next to a picnic table.’
- ‘Chessa did a perfect swan dive off the diving board into rippling water below her.’
- ‘Every year at school he opened the swimming season by diving from the high diving board; something his pupils never forgot.’
- ‘So when they walked into the pool area, he took his post and she dived off the diving board.’
- ‘Scarborough magistrates heard yesterday that John dived from a diving board around 3pm.’
- ‘But our local swimming pool never had a diving board so I was slightly concerned when I had to jump off.’
- ‘Shaylee yelled as she jumped off the diving board doing a cannonball.’
- ‘A diving board and three entrance ladders, along with marble angels adorned it.’
- ‘I walked straight to the diving board and dived in.’
- ‘Others dived nimbly off the diving board into blue water of the deep end of the huge swimming pool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.