One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ratio of a company's dividends to its net income.
- ‘Senior officers may speak to the dividend policy and dividend coverage and earnings payout ratios.’
- ‘A good ratio to look at is the dividend coverage ratio.’
- ‘The cash dividend coverage ratio reflects the company's ability to meet dividends from operating cash flow.’
- ‘The preferred dividend coverage ratio expresses the ability of the firm to meet its preferred stock dividend requirement.’
- ‘Common equity ratio, pre-tax coverage, fixed-charge coverage, and cash-flow dividend coverage were taken from Electric Utility Quality Measures.’
- ‘The dividend coverage ratio, on the other hand, measures the company's ability to pay its stated dividend.’
- ‘The company offers extensive worldwide pricing and dividend coverage for 11 countries, including 10,000 UK trusts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.