One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ratio of a company's dividends to its net income.
- ‘Common equity ratio, pre-tax coverage, fixed-charge coverage, and cash-flow dividend coverage were taken from Electric Utility Quality Measures.’
- ‘The cash dividend coverage ratio reflects the company's ability to meet dividends from operating cash flow.’
- ‘The dividend coverage ratio, on the other hand, measures the company's ability to pay its stated dividend.’
- ‘The company offers extensive worldwide pricing and dividend coverage for 11 countries, including 10,000 UK trusts.’
- ‘The preferred dividend coverage ratio expresses the ability of the firm to meet its preferred stock dividend requirement.’
- ‘A good ratio to look at is the dividend coverage ratio.’
- ‘Senior officers may speak to the dividend policy and dividend coverage and earnings payout ratios.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.