Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of a diverticulum, especially in the colon, causing pain and disturbance of bowel function.Compare with diverticulosis
- ‘Possible causes include inflammatory bowel disease or an infection in the colon known as diverticulitis.’
- ‘Food sensitive colitis should be considered in infants and ischaemic colitis, diverticulitis, and colonic tumours in adults.’
- ‘A common complication of diverticulitis is peritonitis.’
- ‘Indications for colectomy include colon polyps, diverticulitis, and IBD.’
- ‘Fortunately, most people with diverticulosis never develop diverticulitis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.