One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of a diverticulum, especially in the colon, causing pain and disturbance of bowel function.Compare with diverticulosis
- ‘Food sensitive colitis should be considered in infants and ischaemic colitis, diverticulitis, and colonic tumours in adults.’
- ‘Fortunately, most people with diverticulosis never develop diverticulitis.’
- ‘Indications for colectomy include colon polyps, diverticulitis, and IBD.’
- ‘A common complication of diverticulitis is peritonitis.’
- ‘Possible causes include inflammatory bowel disease or an infection in the colon known as diverticulitis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.