A condition in which muscle spasm in the colon (lower intestine) in the presence of diverticula causes abdominal pain and disturbance of bowel function without inflammation.
- ‘They are also formed during operations for bowel cancer, diverticular disease and after accidental damage to the bowel wall.’
- ‘For unknown reasons, only a small percentage of patients with diverticulosis develop symptomatic diverticular disease.’
- ‘After recovery, you will be given advice from your GP on managing your diverticular disease.’
- ‘These people are said to have diverticulosis or uncomplicated diverticular disease.’
- ‘What are the common symptoms and complications of diverticular disease?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.