Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A condition in which muscle spasm in the colon (lower intestine) in the presence of diverticula causes abdominal pain and disturbance of bowel function without inflammation.
- ‘They are also formed during operations for bowel cancer, diverticular disease and after accidental damage to the bowel wall.’
- ‘For unknown reasons, only a small percentage of patients with diverticulosis develop symptomatic diverticular disease.’
- ‘After recovery, you will be given advice from your GP on managing your diverticular disease.’
- ‘These people are said to have diverticulosis or uncomplicated diverticular disease.’
- ‘What are the common symptoms and complications of diverticular disease?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.