Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[attributive] Relating to diverticula.
- ‘This procedure consists of dividing the septum between the cervical esophagus and the diverticular pouch.’
- ‘In addition, no diverticular orifices were identified.’
- ‘In the first part of the study, patients with diverticular hemorrhage were treated medically, including transfusions as required.’
- ‘The inflammatory infiltrate raised the possibility of an infectious granulomatous disease or a conventional diverticular abscess.’
- ‘The cause is believed to be related to chronic irritation of the diverticular wall as a result of prolonged food retention.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.