One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is in charge of an underwater diving expedition.
- ‘He is now a coach and dive master in the Cayman Islands.’
- ‘Although most dives are divemaster led, divers in buddy pairs are free to go off on their own.’
- ‘She asked our divemaster why there was no coral on the site.’
- ‘There is a fully-equipped dive school with a dive master on the island.’
- ‘All divemasters pride themselves on being able to find rare animals.’
- ‘Last summer I was working as a divemaster in the Canary Islands.’
- ‘With the right divemaster guidance, even amateur photographers can come back with great stuff.’
- ‘He quickly called his mother, a certified dive master, to share what he saw.’
- ‘Back on the boat George quizzed Toh, our divemaster, on what was in store for us in the coming days.’
- ‘I was a bit nervous to start but I liked the way we were shown around by the divemaster.’
- ‘I had a few hand signals of my own for the divemaster which I wasted no time in utilising once I was in the water.’
- ‘Of course, the captain and some of the crew must be certified scuba instructors or divemasters, as well.’
- ‘This week commercial dive masters will descend to map out their programs.’
- ‘Head divemaster Osmond gave a short orientation, emphasizing that divers were responsible for their own profiles.’
- ‘I walked into the water off the beach, and my dive master helped me every moment.’
- ‘In a final desperate attempt to escape, the dive master began hitting the windows, trying to break them.’
- ‘I jumped into the water, and the divemaster handed me my camera system.’
- ‘They offer certifications from refresher to divemaster courses and specialty courses.’
- ‘On my most recent trip, I asked our Japanese divemasters at East Marine why they chose to work in Langkawi.’
- ‘If a less than competent diver wanted to go off alone for photo purposes, a divemaster discreetly shadowed him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.