One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In terms of air power, the Germans had 850 bombers and dive-bombers and 400 fighters.’
- ‘But the ship was sunk by Japanese dive-bombers in February 1942.’
- ‘Her Sea Furies, armed with two 500-pound bombs, had become deadly accurate dive-bombers using a 45-degree dive technique.’
- ‘When firing at an imaginary Stuka dive-bomber, my best arrow went onto the roof.’
- ‘As far as I know, this was the only time in the history of the war that a dive-bomber attacked a rocket in the air.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.