One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a valence of two.
- ‘Experiments with erythrocytes were repeated with either sodium sulfate or sodium nitrate replacing the divalent ion at the same concentration.’
- ‘However, EDTA is not ideal because it also binds essential divalent cations such as calcium and zinc.’
- ‘In an alternative model, two pairs of the negatively charged residues would chelate two divalent cations.’
- ‘On different days, the standard protocol was repeated with the diluent containing different divalent ion concentrations.’
- ‘Our observations support the claim that monovalent or divalent cations are not necessary to polymerize G-actin into F-actin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.