One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt containing the anion S₂O₄²⁻.
- ‘Sodium dithionite was obtained from Fluka (Sigma-Aldrich, Oakville, Canada).’
- ‘The spectrum of deoxygenated HemAT, produced by reduction with dithionite, has peaks at 434 and 556 nm.’
- ‘Solutions of the reduced protein were obtained by addition of dithionite to the deaerated sample.’
- ‘We did not monitor or stabilize the pH of the solution in experiments using sodium dithionite.’
- ‘Excess dithionite was removed by a gentle flow of normal air in the solution for a few minutes.’
From di- ‘two’ + Greek theion ‘sulfur’ + -ite.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.