A salt containing the anion S₂O₄²−
- ‘Solutions of the reduced protein were obtained by addition of dithionite to the deaerated sample.’
- ‘Sodium dithionite was obtained from Fluka (Sigma-Aldrich, Oakville, Canada).’
- ‘Excess dithionite was removed by a gentle flow of normal air in the solution for a few minutes.’
- ‘We did not monitor or stabilize the pH of the solution in experiments using sodium dithionite.’
- ‘The spectrum of deoxygenated HemAT, produced by reduction with dithionite, has peaks at 434 and 556 nm.’
Mid 20th century: from di- two + Greek theion sulfur + -ite.