Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A distributor or distributed version, especially of Linux software or of webzines.‘I was excited enough about this distro that I forked over the cash to buy it’
- ‘It may well be the best of all the packaged distros.’
- ‘In our other articles this week, we've looked at distros that had to be installed to your hard disk before you could use them.’
- ‘This is really the way all distros should operate.’
- ‘Do you administer multiple distributions and find it frustrating that you can find packages for some distros and not others?’
- ‘From what we can tell, most people accept the need for the distros to unite, as times are tough.’
By shortening and alteration.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.