One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A state of federal trial court.
- ‘It usually takes one week for a copy of a Supreme Court's verdict to reach the prosecutors via a district court.’
- ‘When I lost before the federal district court, I decided to represent myself on appeal.’
- ‘Although the case was lost, the Supreme Court overturned the decision of the federal district court in 1974.’
- ‘At one point, he discusses what he found out as a law clerk to a federal district court in North Carolina.’
- ‘I suggest that the practice which should be followed by the clerks and justices in the district court in this matter should be as follows.’
- ‘The courts opted to consolidate the cases in an Illinois district court.’
- ‘It seems to me to be an extraordinary way to conduct litigation involving large sums of money whether in a district court or anywhere.’
- ‘Nevertheless, the appeals court reached the same bottom line that the district court had.’
- ‘In any case, the federal district court quite rightly held the policy unconstitutional.’
- ‘I argued those matters myself before both the district court and the court of appeals.’
- ‘As such, it should come first before the district court, not the court of appeals.’
- ‘The bill calls for jurisdiction of the district court and of the High Court.’
- ‘In this paper today, you will read about cases that have come before the district court concerning breaches of the criminal law.’
- ‘Doing that was like asking a district court to review a Supreme Court decision.’
- ‘The court of appeals affirmed per curiam a dismissal by the district court for want of subject matter jurisdiction.’
- ‘He was convicted by a federal district court in New York of fraud, conspiracy and making false filings.’
- ‘A federal district court has issued a temporary restraining order against the defendants.’
- ‘He was acquitted by an Oslo district court in early 2003 and again by an appeals court later that year.’
- ‘The cost of carrying a case through the district court and the Court of Appeals finally to the Supreme Court itself is enormous.’
- ‘The district court dismissed our claims without even hearing an argument.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.