One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An insulated cap that fits over the distributor in a gasoline engine and that distributes voltage to the spark plugs.
- ‘Pandas mentions a car engine, which will not work if one removes the fan belt, spark plugs, distributor cap, or any of numerous individual parts.’
- ‘Wayne pulled the distributor cap and saw that the rotor button was half burnt out.’
- ‘The owner, who had parked the car there after it had broken down, had removed the distributor cap to immobilize his car.’
- ‘Other common problems include faulty spark plugs, an ill-fitting fan belt and a cracked distributor cap.’
- ‘One mile into the stage the distributor cap came off.’
- ‘As his assistant removes a distributor cap, the repair-shop owner relates homespun parables and gently offers advice.’
- ‘He impatiently toyed with the distributor cap.’
- ‘A big guy with dirty ginger hair shambled out, a distributor cap trailing ignition wires dangling from his hand.’
- ‘We worked on the car and found not only had the radiator hose broken, but the distributor cap had corroded.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.