One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An insulated cap that fits over the distributor in a gasoline engine and that distributes voltage to the spark plugs.
- ‘As his assistant removes a distributor cap, the repair-shop owner relates homespun parables and gently offers advice.’
- ‘One mile into the stage the distributor cap came off.’
- ‘A big guy with dirty ginger hair shambled out, a distributor cap trailing ignition wires dangling from his hand.’
- ‘Other common problems include faulty spark plugs, an ill-fitting fan belt and a cracked distributor cap.’
- ‘We worked on the car and found not only had the radiator hose broken, but the distributor cap had corroded.’
- ‘Pandas mentions a car engine, which will not work if one removes the fan belt, spark plugs, distributor cap, or any of numerous individual parts.’
- ‘He impatiently toyed with the distributor cap.’
- ‘The owner, who had parked the car there after it had broken down, had removed the distributor cap to immobilize his car.’
- ‘Wayne pulled the distributor cap and saw that the rotor button was half burnt out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.