One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A number of independent computers linked by a network.
- ‘With the proliferation of distributed systems, IT installations began to have many servers, all with the need for automated backup.’
- ‘Because of the unique distributed systems architecture, performance scales up as storage capacity is added to the pool.’
- ‘A distributed system of network programmers is described for use with implantable medical devices.’
- ‘You can now build over the distributed system using the following command.’
- ‘His main areas of interest are distributed systems, networked virtual environments and the use of artificial intelligence in interactive games.’
- ‘The software architecture is designed to take advantage of Ada 95's distributed system features as the implementations mature.’
- ‘In addition, CNT's Director platform is a distributed system using independent processors.’
- ‘Skitter is a distributed system for monitoring and reporting on network latency, packet loss, and path stability.’
- ‘It alone claims to have the authority to oversee the distributed system of domain names and numbers.’
- ‘The first section opens with a quick review of distributed systems and an introduction to the Apache HTTP server.’
- ‘These storage servers, combined with distributed system software, are designed to be a peer in the storage cluster or grid.’
- ‘Develop a vast, distributed system architecture for managing the huge volume of raw data input, analysis results, and feedback.’
- ‘He is interested in systems and networking, especially computer networks and distributed systems.’
- ‘Barr has worked on real-time distributed systems, software technologies and home networking over 16 years at Motorola.’
- ‘But the danger with this approach is that a distributed system can easily be forgotten.’
- ‘Her main areas of interest are distributed systems, Internet applications, coordination in virtual communities, and agent-based systems.’
- ‘It's like going from DOS to Windows, going from a more dominant mainframe architecture to a distributed system.’
- ‘The first version of ADSM provided the backup function for distributed systems to MVS (Multiple Virtual Storage) and VM mainframe servers.’
- ‘An important part of the distributed system is the network, which spans the nodes of the cluster.’
- ‘A large distributed system communicating at the speed of light is going to have to accept the reality of infections at the speed of light.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.