One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See distressingas submodifier ‘the pattern was distressingly familiar’
- ‘Political conventions have become distressingly routine and disturbingly predictable.’
- ‘Perhaps most distressingly of all, there has been little progress in assisting rape survivors, let alone convicting those responsible.’
- ‘This was the most distressingly unpleasant and humiliating experience of my life that didn't involve medical staff.’
- ‘And I ultimately wound up changing nearly every font to different flavors of Arial, which yields a distressingly mundane appearance.’
- ‘More distressingly the chemotherapy made her give off a particularly unpleasant odour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.