One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The complaining landowner may also distrain the livestock to secure payment of the damages, including a reasonable cost for the distrainment (feed, pasture rent, etc.).’
- ‘The distrainment of the goods of a tenant (in lieu of rent) or the eviction of tenants for non-payment of rent were not altogether uncommon in certain periods.’
- ‘Besides imprisonment punishment, economic ones like asset distrainment need to be strengthened.’
- ‘There are some horrors in Rose's memories and the distrainment of a poor household's meagre possessions is hardly cheerful.’
- ‘In the event of distrainment, confiscation or other disposition by third parties, the Purchaser is to notify us hereof immediately.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.