One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Leaves of this species are distichously arrayed on horizontal branches, and often hang down by 10-40° from the horizontal plane.’
- ‘These initials are distichously arranged as would be found in teosinte or lateral branches of the maize tassel.’
- ‘Each floret is in the axil of a chaffy bract and these are arranged spirally or distichously in spikelets.’
- ‘The leaves are simple and distichously arranged.’
- ‘The teosinte ear is composed of 5 to 10 distichously (in two ranks) arranged cupulate fruitcases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.